If interested in being a board of director member, the following qualifications must be met:
1) Be a member of New Hope Church for at least a year.
2) Have completed 301
3) Have identified gifts from spiritual gifts assessment in the area of leadership.
4) Have demonstrated qualities of leadership within a ministry at New Hope Church (actively serving).
5) Have a written letter of recommendation verifying leadership roles within their ministry area from the Ministry Leader or Board Member who coordinates your area.
6) Must be a regular giver/donor to New Hope church.
Matthew 6:19-21 Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is your heart will be also.
7) Must not be a staff member or be an immediate household relative of a current staff member.
8) Have reviewed and re-signed the commitment document from 101.
9) Have read the “Purpose Driven Church” by Rick Warren.
10) Commit to follow the principles of “servant leadership”.*
Must be available to:
1) Attend monthly board meetings and annual planning retreat.
2) Provide support to ministry areas of New Hope Church.
3) Attend church regularly and actively participate in the New Hope ministries and events.
Once the above criteria are met:
1) Must return letter of recommendation in a timely manner (meets deadline requirements).
2) Meet with a Board of Director to discuss potential board position.
3) Must have full support from spouse regarding taking on board responsibilities.
4) Must sign the “Code of Conduct”.
*As described in “The Leadership Study Bible” John 13:1-17. The servant-leader is servant first; has a servant’s heart. (Robert Greenleaf)
The New Hope Membership Covenant (Pages 28&29 AND 30 &31 in Student Manual)
Having received Christ as my Lord and Savior and been baptized, and being in agreement with New Hope’s statements, strategy and structure, I now feel led be the Holy Spirit to unite with the New Hope Church family. In doing so, I commit myself to God and to the other members to do the following:
I. I will protect the Unity of My Church
…By acting in love toward other members …By refusing to gossip …By following the leaders
“So let is concentrate on the things which make for harmony, and on the growth of our fellowship together.” Rom. 15:19 (Ph)
“Live in complete harmony with each other- each with the attitude of Christ toward each other.” Rom 15:5 (LB)
“Have a sincere love for your fellow believers, love one another earnestly with all your hearts” 1 Peter 12:22 (GN)
“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of our mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up accordingly to their needs…” EPH. 4:29
“Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account. Obey them so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be no advantage to you.” Heb. 13:17
II. I will share the responsibility of my church
…By praying for its growth …By inviting the unchurched to attend …By warmly welcoming those who visit
“To the church…we always thank God for you and pray for you constantly.” 1 Thess. 1:2
“Go out to the country…and urge anyone you find to come in, so that My house will be full.” Luke 14:23 (LB)
“So warmly welcome each other into the church, just as Christ has warmly welcomed you; then God will be glorified,” Rom. 15:7 (LB)
IIII. I will serve the Ministry of my Church
…By discovering my gifts and talents …By being equipped to serve by my Pastors …By developing a servant’s heart
“God gave…Some to be pastors and teachers to prepare God’s people for works of ministry, so that the body of Christ may be built up…” Eph.4:11-12
“Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus Christ… who took on the very nature of a servant…” Phil 2:3-4,7 IV.
I will support the Testimony of my Church … By attending faithfully …By living a Godly life …By giving regularly
“Let us not give up the habit of meeting together… but let us encourage one another.” Heb. 10:25
“But Whatever Happens, make sure that your everyday life is worthy of the gospel of Christ.” Phil. 1:27 (PH)
“Each one of you, on the first day of each week, should set aside a specific sum of money in proportion to what you have earned and use it for the offering” 1 Cor. 16:2
“A tenth of all you produce is the Lord’s, and it is Holy.” Lev. 27:30
Download PDF, print, sign, and return to the New Hope Office or Board member.